Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe (no machine needed)


I'm finally done with all my finals and have time to update my blog. This blog is kinda lengthy because I want to write this recipe in Chinese as well. I am still debating if I should write my blog in English or not.



Anyways....I found an ice cream recipe that doesn't require an ice cream maker, AND tastes just like Häagen-Dazs ice cream!  There are tons of recipes that need egg yolks, but I don't like having raw egg yolks in my ice cream. Just so you know, this is a super easy fail-proof ice cream recipe. You can easily change the favor, read Notes below*.
(I'm a bad photographer and a bad ice cream scooper...but it tastes great, trust me..)


This recipe makes 4 (32 oz) servings

Ingredients:
  • Heavy whipping cream                     1-3/4 cup
  • Sweetened condensed milk            7oz or half can
  • Vanilla extract                                    1 tsp
  • Strawberry extract (optional)            1 tsp
  • Fresh/frozen strawberries (cubed and mashed)          10 

Directions:
  1. In a bowl beat whipping cream until limp peaks form.(NOT STIFF PEAKS! the cream should still be liquidy)
  1. Add extracts and condensed milk, mix well.
  1. Taste the mixture and add more condensed milk if you want it sweeter.
  1. Add the cubed and mashed strawberries.
  1. Pour it into container and refrigerate for at least 4-8 hours before serving.

Notes**
I used fat free ingredients and it doesn't affect the texture at all.
I also tried using this recipe to make matcha green tea ice cream, substitute fruits with 5 tbps of green tea powder.
You can also use finely grounded coffee to make coffee ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment