Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fluffy Chocolate Cake Mix Cupcakes



I have been busy, VERY busy.. and yet.. I still wanted to bake cupcakes. I bought the CHEAPEST cake mix I can find in the store, it turned out even better than the expensive ones (if you add the secret ingredient).



The secret ingredient is Yoplait WHIPS! Why? I haven't tried using normal yogurt, and just because my whip yogurt was about to expire.

You will need:
1 box Cake mix (I used Devil's food)
1 cup Yoplait Whips (chocolate favor)
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
*1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
*1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Simply dump everything into your mixer (except the chocolate chips)
3. Beat 2 minutes and then (add chocolate chips) pour batter into cupcake pans.
4. Bake at 350 for 14-17 minutes.

To be honest, I eat cupcakes WITHOUT frosting.. ever since I tasted the best strawberry vanilla frosting at a coffee shop few years ago. It was so light, so creamy, and the most important thing is that it is not too sweet.

I think most of you will agree that making frosting is a huge project, and it can get really messy. But after scrolling through cupcake pictures on pinterest, I want to make frosting later this week...for the very first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment